Nominated Charity 2017
Founded in October 2003, we offer a wide range of services for the residents of Wetherby and the surrounding villages. Please note that our catchment for Scarcroft is up to Syke Lane and Thorner Lane.
Our services include:
- A Befriending service
- A Elderberries a social group held at Wetherby Social Club
- Two specialist memory cafés in Boston Spa and Collingham to support people who live with dementia and their carers
- Gardening Scheme (Currently a waiting list) funded by Children in Need
- An information and advice service
- Laptop Loungers, computer, tablet and phone help.
- Poetry Group
- Knit one Purlwise
- Howlers singing group
- Chatter and Batter, a fish and chips afternoon
- Seasonal Musical Matinees
- WiSE Owl Cafe for the Community
- Transport Scheme
- Soup and a Smile every Wednesday
Wetherby in Support of the Elderly is concerned about the increase in numbers of elderly people who are being abused. If you know of anyone who is being abused, or you are, please follow this link to the Leeds Safeguarding Team:
or call 0113 222 4401.