Yorkshire Gold - 5k
Sunday 4th September 2016 at 12:30pm - Wetherby Racecourse. LS22 5EJ
10k Results at UK Results
5k reults at UK Results
Mini Marathin results at UK Results
Courtesy of John Schofield at UK Results
Whatever your ability there is a warm welcome from the organisers at Wetherby Runners AC.
Race run under UKA Rules. A Run Britain Event.
Online entry - £13 unattached, £11 attached (please read the small print before entering). (£1.00 extra on the day)
The race is a chip timed event with a race limit of 300 runners
The Yorkshire Gold 5k is named in recognisition of the National Award bestowed on the club by BARR in 2013 and the highest grade ranking we have retained for a number of years. The appeal of our event has spread across the county and this shorter race has been developed to spread the appeal to more runners across the days events. It will start at 12:30, an hour and a half before the 10k and after the Mini Marathon Fun run. The route is just over two laps of a course on private roads, tarmacked cyle way and a short section on a farm track. The date of the race suits those training for The Yorkshire Marathon in October or with the Great North Run in mind as it offers a fast course as a tapering run the week before the big day.
Runners who attend will find some of the same quality features associated with the 10k event:
- Its enjoyed equally by Club Runners & Social Runners alike
- Its organised by runners for runners.
- The chance to run in one of the faster and friendliest 10k's in the country
- Excellent race HQ facilities at Wetherby Racecourse including ample free parking.
- Gold Graded by British Association of Road Races and National Award in 2103 as Winner of 'The Bill Reynolds Trophy' - most improved in Britain
- Hassle free On-line Race entry through Racebest
- Professional chip timing by UK Timers ltd.
- The free issue of our race information booklet including discount offers from local shops/businesses
- A name/number swapping service (Free of charge). Available right up to to 3 days from race day.
- Active Social Media interaction through Twitter & Facebook – to keep you up to date and informed.
When you arrive you will find:
- A grand selection of home made refreshments, tea and coffee for sale
- Full and comprehensive medical provision throughout the course
- Ice Cream Van & Bouncy Castle.Tables & seating to enjoy our extensive range of refreshments, tea & coffees.
- UK athletics officials working with race organisers on race day
- Our Club’s marshals at regular intervals throughout the course, including cycle marshals looking after your safety
- Digital race clock at half way and at the finish line
- Bottled water at the finish
- Down hill and barriered control finish in front of cheering family and friends
- A Quality Race Momento (The CLYR Mug). Race T Shirts also available for sale
- Family Fun Run The Wetherby Mini Marathon - 1.6 miles entry on the day – race at 11:30am
When you finish you will notice:
- A Post race massage facility with donated funds to charity
- Preliminary Race Results are generally posted on the information boards within 15 minutes
- Extensive prize list including 5 year veteran categories with cash prizes and also sponsored by SubSports Compression Clothing.
2015 Prize winners
Note: The Yorkshire Gold 5k prizes were revised downward in value this year with notice being given on the club website and facebook on 03-09-15. This action was in accord with an advance note of its likelihood which was published in the race booklet and was due to lower than expected participation.
Photos from Caught Light Photography: Mini Marathon, Yorkshire Gold 5K and Wetherby Run 10k.
Photos courtesy of Sophia Garnett