Wetherby Run – 10k
Sunday 6th Sept 2020 at 2pm – Wetherby Racecourse. LS22 5EJ
We look forward to seeing you for our 15th Cracking Little Yorkshire Run.
Enter now through Racebest.
Race run under UKA Rules. A Run Britain Event.
Small print and Mini Marathon news here.
The race is a chip timed event with a race limit of 1000 runners.
Course Records – Men : Darran Bilton 31.53 – 2010; Ladies : Lucy Crooks 35.07 – 2017
The Wetherby Run has a relatively short history and in 2020 we are proud to host the race for the fifteenth year. Since its inception it has become a firm favourite with runners from around the region and beyond. The date of the race suits those training for The Yorkshire Marathon in October or with the Great North Run in mind as it offers a fast course as a tapering run the week before the big day.
Why do runners choose to Enter the Wetherby 10k?
- It is enjoyed equally by Club Runners & Social Runners alike
- It is organised by runners for runners.
- The chance to run in one of the faster and friendliest 10k’s in the country
- Excellent race HQ facilities at Wetherby Racecourse including ample free parking.
- Gold Graded by British Association of Road Races and National Award in 2013 as Winner of ‘The Bill Reynolds Trophy’ – most improved in Britain
- Hassle free On-line Race entry (see link above)
- Professional chip timing by UK Timers ltd
- The free issue of our race information booklet including discount offers from local shops/businesses
- A name/number swapping service (Free of charge). Available right up to to 3 days from race day
- Active Social Media interaction through Twitter & Facebook – to keep you up to date and informed
- An easy driving route to the venue, direct to major road systems.
When you arrive you will find:
- A Great deal of well organised parking, simple in & out
- A Grand selection of home made refreshments tea & coffee for sale
- Full and comprehensive medical provision throughout the course.
- Ice Cream Van & Bouncy Castle.
- UK athletics officials working with race organisers on race day
- Our Club’s marshals at regular intervals throughout the course, including cycle marshals looking after your safety
- Digital race clock at half way and at the finish line
- Half distance water stations, as well as bottled water at the finish
- Lots of community support in the small village on the route including a Highland Piper
- Down hill final 400 metres with Inflatable arch and barriered control finish in front of cheering family and friends
- A Quality Race Memento – The CLYR mug. Race T Shirts will also be available for sale
- Family Fun Run; The Wetherby Mini Marathon – 1.6 miles entry on the day – race at 12:30
When you finish you will notice:
- A Post race massage facility with donated funds to charity
- Preliminary Race Results are generally posted on the information boards within 15 minutes
- Extensive prize list including 5 year veteran categories.
- Extending the Vets catagories in 2014 by introducing prizes in the MV70 & MV65 classes proved a great success, we will be doing the same again. We will also be presenting all vet prizes on the day.
***** RESULTS ****
Thank you and well done to all the runners who took part in this year’s Wetherby Run 10k and Mini Marathon. Results as follows: